POSTING DATE: APR 23, 2017.
CASTING: (4) LEAD singer/dancer females. Advanced movement, parts singing and ability to read music required. NOTE: Casting will require being available for BOTH shows. Please download a synopsis and character list here: MARVELOUS/WINTER WONDERETTES SYNOPSIS and CHARACTERS: View | Download
TO AUDITION: By appointment only. Please use the following link to our Appointment Calendar to schedule. Instructions found on calendar: APPOINTMENT CALENDAR HERE. Special requests for an audition date and time, please contact Abel Gonzales at: email@example.com
AUDITION CANCELLATION POLICY: 48 hours advanced notice. Please return to the appointment calendar to cancel your scheduled appointment.
AUDITION DATE AND TIME: WED MAY 10, 2017 starting at 6PM-9PM. CALLBACKS: TBA. NOTE: It is possible call backs may occur the same night as auditions. If a call back is given, please plan to stay until 10:30PM following your audition.
AUDITION LOCATION: TheatreWorks Florida Studio, 8 W. Palmetto St., Davenport, FL 33837. Please park on the Maple St. side of campus. Signs will be posted.
WHAT TO BRING: Current, non-returnable photo and resume; (2) vocal selections of contrasting styles (best 16 bars of each; please provide sheet music in the correct key - accompanist provided; TAPES and CDS NOT ALLOWED); appropriate dance movement attire (combination will be taught). NOTE: MARVELOUS/WINTER WONDERETTES celebrates the music of the 50s & 60s pop style. Choose your vocal selections based on this information.
SALARY: Independent Contractor Salary. AEA contracts NOT available at this time.
1ST COMPANY MEETING: SUN JULY 30, 2017. From 2:00PM-6:00PM. MANDATORY.
REHEARSALS: Begin TUES AUG 1, 2017. All rehearsals are held at the TheatreWorks Florida Studio, 8 W. Palmetto St., Davenport, FL 33837. Normally, Mon-Fri in the evenings, 7:00PM-10:30PM; Sat & Sun 6:30PM-10:00PM. Download production schedule here: WONDERETTES PRODUCTION CALENDAR: View | Download
SHOW DATES: SEPT 8-17 & DEC 1-17, 2017 - Venue: Davenport Community Campus Theatre, 8 W. Palmetto St., Davenport, FL 33837. The Marvelous Wonderettes: (2) weekends FR, SAT, SUN - (6) shows; Winter Wonderettes: (3) weekends FR, SAT, SUN - (9) shows.
IMPORTANT NOTES: Video submissions are NOT accepted. Auditioners must be 18 years or older. AEA contracts, housing and per diem are NOT available at this time. Show soundtracks can be purchased on iTunes.
DIRECTOR NOTES: MARVELOUS/WINTER WONDERETTES are juke-box musical comedies that require lead female actors with power house vocals, strong character development & dance skills and a keen sense of comedic timing. Prepare accordingly.
MORE AUDITION INFORMATION: Please email Abel Gonzales: firstname.lastname@example.org
* All roles, unless otherwise announced, are open. If you wish to be considered for ONLY a certain role or roles, please indicate this clearly on your audition form.
* If after open auditions, the director believes that a particular role or roles cannot be satisfactorily cast, additional actors may be contacted for further auditions.
* Being invited to audition, either directly or indirectly, does not guarantee you a role.
• Callbacks will be held as necessary. Only those called back will be telephoned. Not being called back does NOT mean that you are not cast in the show. Likewise, being called back does not mean you will be cast.
• In the event an actor cannot attend regular auditions, they may audition at a pre-arranged time if the director desires.
• Whether the auditions are public or private is up to the director. Each person will be given a chance to sing, read and/or dance as necessary, unless you have a request to the contrary.
• In most cases, a complete cast list will be posted 48-72 hours after the final callback audition. Only those who have been cast will be called. Please do not contact TheatreWorks Florida unless you feel you have misunderstood the audition process.
• TheatreWorks Florida endeavors to cast new faces and fresh talent whenever possible, and encourages anyone who is interested to audition. However, casting decisions are quite subjective and we recognize that not everyone will be pleased with the final choices.
• PLEASE NOTE: By auditioning, you are obligating yourself to a considerable rehearsal and performance process. Please be certain that you are willing and able to make this commitment. Check the posted production schedule BEFORE you decide to audition. If you cannot commit to the production schedule, please make a professional decision not to audition.
THEATREWORKS FLORIDA STUDIO
8 W. Palmetto Street
Davenport, FL 33837
Please enter on the Maple Street side of the campus.